Membership entitles you to receive the Hacker's Creek Journal which is published at least twice a membership year and more frequently if submissions are received from our members. Our online index to Volumes I-XXVII (1982-2010) will give you an idea of the articles in the Journal. You may also download all of our back issues.
All members are entitled to access files online held exclusive for HCPD members and to participate in HCPD-L, an online discussion group. Membership is open to anyone interested in the work of the society. Dues information is below.
The second week of August each year we host the Hacker's Creek Gathering. Incorporated in the Gathering are tours of the area where our ancestors lived, worked and died; classes in topics of interest to our members; a memorial service for deceased members and/or their family members; a Sunday worship service in a local church; as well as many, many hours to research in the holdings of our library.
Additionally, we have a limited number of campsites with water and electric hook-ups available for members only. Indoor showers are accessible during operating hours. Call 304-269-7091 for further information and reservations.
Membership in the Hacker's Creek Pioneer Descendants, Inc., is open to anyone interested in preserving the history and genealogy of the Central West Virginia region. The membership year begins October 1 and is effective through September of the following year, i.e., renewal dues are due 1 October each year. If you join after the membership year begins, you will receive back issues of the Journal for the year.
If you join after 1 August, your membership will be credited for the new year. You will be given access by e-mail as soon as credit card information is processed (usually within 48 hours).
Effective October 1, 2015, we have only ONE TYPE OF MEMBERSHIP.
ALL MEMBERS WHOSE DUES ARE CURRENT may participate in ALL areas of HCPD, including access to ALL MEMBERS ONLY FILES on the internet as well as HCPD-L. Dues are $40 a year for one household.
- Receive one copy of each issue of the HACKER'S CREEK JOURNAL which will be distributed electronically to all members for whom a good e-mail address is on file in our headquarters or by US Mail for those who do not have e-mail access. From time-to-time an electronic newsletter will be distributed via e-mail.
- Admitted to the Central West Virginia Genealogy and History Library at no charge;
- May submit unlimited free queries for publication in the Journal;
- Receive a limited amount of research free from the volunteer researchers at the library;
- Receive passwords to access the HCPD Members Only site;
- May participate in our members-only online discussion group: HCPD@rootsweb.com;
- Urged to submit five generation charts and surname cards for use by others.
You may use the Membership Form to join via PayPal using either your Visa, Master Card, Discover or American Express in payment for dues. You do not need to be a member of PayPal to use this service!
If you prefer, you may call us with your credit card information at 1-304-269-7091or print this membership form and snail mail to us with your check or credit card number at this address: HCPD, 45 Abbotts Run Road, Horner, WV 26372.